Carlo Gavazzi Solid State Relay/Contactor 1-Phase Zero-Cross w/Heatsink, Ctrl: 4-32VDC, Opr: 600VAC, 66A, Spring-Load Control/Box-Clamp Power, Contactor Layout.
This slimline range of solid-state contactors is an evolution of solid state switches for which Carlo Gavazzi is very well known. The RG solid state contactors present a unique opportunity for panel space savings thanks to their very slim footprint. The RGC is the ready-to-use range that is provided with an integrated heatsink. The smallest footprint occupies only a width of 17.5 mm with ratings up to 37 AAC. The power and control terminals allow for safe looping of cables. Spring loaded pluggable control terminals are an option when faster installation time is required. The RGC output is protected against over voltages by means of an integrated varistor. Control ON indication is provided through a green LED. Specifications are at a surrounding temperature of 25°C unless otherwise specified.
Plastic injection machines, extrusion machines, blow moulding machines, thermoformers, dryers, electrical ovens, fryers, shrink tunnels, air handling units, sterilisation equipment, climatic chambers, ovens and furnaces, ambient heating.
- Ratings up to 660 VAC, 85 A @ TA 40°C.
- Up to 18000 A²s for I²t for protection coordination with M.C.Bs.
- 100kA short circuit current rating according to UL508.
- Conformance to Railway standards.
- Panel space savings. The slimmest product in the range accommodates up to 37 AAC in a width of only 17.5 mm giving 25% space saving per SSR compared to 22.5 mm solutions.
- Less maintenance costs. Wire bonding technology reduces thermal and mechanical stresses of the output chips resulting in a larger number of operational cycles compared to other assembly technologies.
- Low machine downtime. Integrated overvoltage protection prevents the solid state relay from breaking down due to uncontrolled transients that may occur on the lines.
- Ease of use. The RGC ready-to-use solution is provided with integrated heatsink thus eliminating the need for the user to calculate the size of heatsink needed for adequate thermal dissipation.
- Cost effective protection co-ordination. The high I²t specification permits easy Type 2 protection co-ordination with B-type Miniature Circuit Breakers.
- Fast wiring. Power connections for models rated ≥37 A are equipped with terminals that can handle cables up to 25 mm2 / AWG3 cables. Spring loaded control terminals are also available that help reduce installation time.
- Accommodates UL508A requirements for Industrial Control Panels. The RGC is certified as a listed product. All models carry a 100 kArms Short Circuit Current Rating.
- Protection against SSR overheat. Optional feature with integrated over temperature protection protects the RGC output from getting damaged in case of overheating. This feature is present by default on the variants with integrated fan and optional on other variants.